Rob Manfred Issues Warning on Season Shut Down

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred informed the MLBPA Executive Director that 2020s season could be cancelled. This follows after video evidence shows that baseballers aren’t obeying COVID-19 protocols, causing an influx of confirmed infections over the last several days. Inside sources with ESPN clarified that Rob Manfred’s warning wasn’t threatening, more acting like a reminder or reality check. MLBs Commissioner will determine between July 31st and August 2nd if cancelling the season is required, avoiding forced cancellation from government personnel.

State & Local governments throughout the United States of America have publicly expressed their concerns regarding Major League Baseball. ESPN & NBC Sports Broadcasts shown that players haven’t committed to wearing face masks, have been seen in the direction of opposing competitors, and also high-fived after being victorious. All three break protocols enforced by MLB Corporate.

Rob Manfred contacted Tony Clark, the MLBPA Executive Director after games were forced into postponement on July 31st. The Saint Louis Cardinal & Milwaukee Brewers match-up was terminated after two baseballers had positive tests for COVID-19. Multiple matches for this upcoming weekend was postponed, including the Toronto Blue Jays & Philadelphia Phillies. This postponement is significantly disappointing for Canada’s elite MLB team, who have struggled to find their place in 2020 amid the coronavirus pandemic. Two additional teams won’t be competing following their comprehensive decision to pull-out of the 2020 MLB Season.

Coronavirus Cases in MLB

Major League Baseball is facing an outbreak of COVID-19, prompting Manfred to issue his warning to Tony Clark. Twenty-nine positive cases of coronavirus were confirmed by July 31st. This follows after their last testing test, which occurred on the 30th. It’s noted that from the twenty-nine positive tests seen throughout Major League Baseball, players saw the highest infection rating at 70%. The remaining 30% followed with staff members. It should be mentioned that twenty-one positive infections were conclusive from a single team, proving a small-scale outbreak is being sustained in Major League Baseball.

Rob Manfred now faces an MLB Season where 20% of available teams aren’t active, rather than be amid postponements or removal from 2020s festivities. Most outfits don’t want to repeat what occurred with the Miami Marlins, who most likely saw the highest infections from the July 30th – 31st testing period.